Thursday, September 10, 2015

Salisbury Steak Meatballs

Ok, guys... I am going to try, TRY to write out a new recipe each week. Now don't hold me to that. School has started and I have a little munchkin that likes to occupy every second of every day. Which is fine, but you know it would be lovely to pee alone every once in a while. As I am typing this sucker out, I am watching him talk to himself while laying in his crib. He's been running a fever the last few days, so it's nice to see him back to his chipper self.
I know you didn't come to read about my life but to find a yummy, shove in yo' mouth recipe. Now on with it....

Original recipe is here


I absolutely love this recipe because it is a crockpot one. However, it requires you to create hamburger patties, flour, and brown them and THEN put them into the crockpot. If you're like me, I want a crock pot meal that requires little, to no effort at all! Ain't no body got time for that!! I cooked it in the crockpot for 2 hours on high, but you can cook do longer, I'm sure. I just forgot to get it started and after the 2 hours it was perfectly fine to eat.

Here's my super easy way!
Items needed:
1 can cream of chicken
1 envelop of onion mushroom soup
1 small can of chicken
1 pack of au jus
1 frozen bag of meatballs
Half a cup of water.

*BUY CROCKPOT LINERS! They are absolutely amazing and easy clean up! Basically a gift from God. TRUST ME. Like for real. Stop reading this and go get some right now if you don't have them already.

I put everything into the crockpot and mix it well. I poured in about 1/2 the bag of meatballs because that's all we really need for us, but there's going to be plenty of gravy if you need to do all of the bag.
Mix the meatballs up so that the gravy is covering the meatballs. Throw the lid on and let it cook on high for at least 2 hours.

When it was about done, I made some homemade mashed potatoes. I added some onion and garlic powder to give it some more flavor. Throw in some cream cheese for some even more yumminess.

When the meatballs were done, I plopped a nice spoonful of potatoes into a bowl and had a heaping amount of meatballs and gravy right on top!

So much easier than the originally recipe, especially if you don't have the prep time beforehand.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment